VoCoVo has come a long way in the last few years. Our team has grown from eight to dozens, and our system has been rolled out to stores in 21 countries.
We’re proud of all our achievements, but none more so than our success in the grocery sector. Helping supermarkets to thrive has always been our passion, and we’d like to think that we’re making a difference. We’re now trusted by seven of the UK’s ten biggest grocery chains, including Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda.
We believe that every store can benefit from the instant communication of VoCoVo. That’s why we’re setting our sights beyond the UK and heading to the States. Our most recent stop was Groceryshop 2022 in Las Vegas. Here’s what happened.
Groceryshop is the place to be
Groceryshop is always a major event in the retail calendar, and this year was no different. Taking place from 19-22 September at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, the conference provided a packed schedule of talks from leading industry figures.
This year’s event was all about change. Groceryshop describes itself as the industry’s personal GPS, guiding retailers through a time of massive transformation. This was clear in the conference’s themes, all of which were squarely focused on the future:
- Emerging business models
- Changing customer preferences
- Omnichannel integration
- New technologies
- Payment innovations
- Unique shopping experiences
Future-proof your store
This was music to our ears. We are always looking to the future, and we believe that we can play an important role in transforming stores. Not only do we provide the technology to improve efficiency, we also help you to make the most of your existing technology. By offering integrations with a range of smart devices, VoCoVo lets you take control of your tech:
- Headsets can be linked to smart shelving and smart fridges, allowing these devices to send messages directly to associates. If a fridge door is left open or an item is running low, associates can be warned immediately.
- Smart devices such as smart CCTV cameras can send discreet alerts to your security team via their headsets. This lets you catch shoplifters before they have a chance to escape.
- Headsets can be linked to self-checkouts, allowing a single associate to authorize multiple purchases with a voice command.
- Telephony integration allows associates to make and receive calls from the shop floor. Headsets are hands-free, so they can continue to work while they talk.
Cut costs without cutting corners
New technology is important, but we can’t lose sight of the basics. For many stores, saving money will be the priority over the next few months, and we can help here too. As well as showcasing our smart integrations, we used Groceryshop to highlight the ways in which we can help stores to cut costs:
- Headsets allow associates to share information without crossing the store. This saves each associate around 1500 yards of walking per shift, resulting in a financial saving of over $500 a week.
- Headsets are hands-free, so associates can talk and work at the same time. This can improve task efficiency by up to 105 minutes a day, saving you around $130 a week.
- Call points allow customers to contact an associate without searching for them. As well as improving customer service, this also allows you to unman desks and counters during quiet periods. Replacing one associate with a call point can save you almost $700 a week.
These are just a few of the ways in which VoCoVo can streamline grocery stores. If you weren’t lucky enough to attend the event, contact our team to arrange a private demonstration.