The great thing about operating in the US and the UK is that we can learn from retailers on both sides of the Atlantic. Next week, we’re heading to Groceryshop 2022 to share some of this knowledge, and hopefully to learn a few things ourselves. In the meantime, we thought we’d take a look at some of the innovative techniques being employed by UK grocers, and how the same techniques can help US stores to thrive.
Get ready for Groceryshop
Groceryshop is one of the biggest events in the industry calendar, and we’re thrilled to be attending. Taking place from 19-22 September at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, this year’s conference promises to be huge:
- Representatives from over 4,000 supermarkets, grocery stores, drug stores and ecommerce platforms
- A full schedule of talks from industry leaders, including senior figures from 7-Eleven, PepsiCo and The Kellogg Company
- Panels and workshops on a range of topics including ecommerce, sustainability and payment innovations
Our time to shine
Groceryshop is the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the benefits of VoCoVo in a grocery environment. To do this, we will be drawing on examples from our well-established UK clients.
Our system is used by seven of the ten biggest British supermarket chains. We’ve worked with grocery giants including Asda and Tesco to create tailor-made communication solutions,:
- We worked closely with Asda to design a system for all 375 of its UK stores. This was based around a “new way of walking”, which would allow associates to talk and work at the same time. We provided each associate with a hands-free headset, letting them find information and answer customer queries while continuing to perform manual tasks.
- We integrated our headsets with Asda’s phone system. This means that associates can make and receive calls from the shop floor without having to search for a phone. Once again, this has improved efficiency by enabling multi-tasking.
- We worked with Tesco to improve queue management during busy periods. We did this by linking our headsets to the store’s PA system. This allows associates to open up a new checkout and call customers forward in a matter of seconds.
- At both stores, we placed two-way keypads on the checkouts. This allows checkout associates to call for help without leaving their position. Tasks such as replenishing change or checking prices can now be performed without holding up the queue.
Find out more about our work with Asda and Tesco:
These changes have made a huge difference to associates, as Tesco’s Andy Newbould explains:
“The headsets and ‘call forward’ system helped our staff to work flexibly, respond to the needs of customers and their colleagues, and helped the launch of our new stores run smoothly. It was integral to the business model of our stores, and we’d thoroughly recommend VoCoVo for running an efficient operation.”
We’ve put dozens of UK grocers on the path to success, and we can’t wait to do the same for US stores. If you’re attending Groeceryshop, you can find us at booth 243. Otherwise, watch this space for the latest updates from the event.
To find out more about our products, or to arrange a demonstration, don’t hesitate to get in touch.