The world is getting smarter, and retail is no exception. As the Internet of Things grows, stores are increasingly incorporating smart devices into their operations:
- Nine out of ten businesses now use IOT, up from just 57% in 2018
- 94% of retailers believe that the benefits of smart technology outweigh the risks
- The value of IOT in retail is expected to increase by more than 20% each year between now and 2025
Customer service is our priority, and we believe that smart technology has huge potential in this area. That’s why all of our products are designed to work alongside other smart devices. Not just the ones you have now, but those that will be invented in years to come. How can we be sure? It all comes down to our API.
Bridging the gap between devices
An API is a piece of software that allows devices to communicate, even if they were made by different manufacturers. Every VoCoVo product comes with a built-in API designed for maximum compatibility. Whatever smart devices you have in your store, we are confident that they can be integrated into our ecosystem.
Connecting devices is easy
Out of the box, VoCoVo is ready to integrate with any API-enabled device or service. This can be anything from a smart fridge to a self-service checkout. Once integrated, these devices can send information to headsets in the form of voice notifications.
Integrating a new device is a simple, three-step process:
- Login to our portal to create secure tokens for the device. These add an extra layer of authentication when connecting to a new piece of equipment.
- Share the tokens with your IT team and they can set up the integration.
- Connect headsets to the new device to receive push notifications from anywhere on the shop floor.
Welcome to the future
Once everything is up and running, you’ll see just how much of a difference smart integrations can make. By bridging the gap between colleagues and devices, you can work smarter in a number of ways:
- Cut waste by linking headsets to smart shelving. Colleagues will be alerted when a product is running out, allowing you to restock more efficiently.
- Respond to shoplifting incidents faster by connecting security teams in their own conference, or to smart CCTV cameras. Modern cameras can spot suspicious behaviour such as customers picking up multiple high-value items, or placing an item in their jacket. If this happens, the camera will send an automatic alert.
- Reduce waiting times by integrating headsets with self-checkouts. Checkouts will send a notification to a whole conference when an authorisation is needed, allowing the nearest colleague to respond. This works particularly well in a convenience store format. Cameras can also spot growing queues at the manual checkouts and alert colleagues when an extra position needs to be opened.
These are just some of the smart integrations that we offer as standard. As new devices appear on the market, the opportunities for integration will increase. It’s hard to predict what stores will look like in ten years, but we’re confident that VoCoVo will be part of the picture.