As ecommerce continues to thrive, physical retail must play to its strengths. Online shopping may be more convenient, but bricks and mortar can offer an unparalleled customer experience. Customers want to feel special, and achieving this is the key to winning their loyalty.
Stores need to focus on human interactions, but this can be tricky when associates are spread thinly. Dashing back and forth between customers is a recipe for sub-par service, but there is a better way.
Our two-way headsets and call points take distance out of the equation. Customers can call for help and associates can respond immediately from anywhere in store. This cuts out unnecessary walking, allowing you to provide the kind of personalized service that customers crave. Here’s how it works.
Recent years have led to an unprecedented boom in online shopping. While some customers have since drifted back to physical retail, others are gone for good:
- Over three quarters of US adults now shop online
- US ecommerce sales topped $1 trillion for the first time in 2022
- An extra 15 million Americans are expected to shop online every year between now and 2027
With fewer customers to go around, stores need to do everything they can to stand out from the crowd. Competitive prices are important, but this isn’t the only factor driving customer loyalty. As the world becomes increasingly automated, customers are hungry for a more personalized experience:
- 59% of shoppers believe that retailers have lost the human touch.
- 82% want more human interaction in stores.
- 64% say that experience matters more than price
Don’t leave customers hanging
There are many elements to a good customer experience, but one is especially important. Customers want associates to be attentive to their needs, and this means answering their questions quickly and effectively. Achieve this and customers will flock to your store. Fail, and you may lose them forever:
- 75% of customers say that fast response times are the most important element of customer experience
- 27% say that ineffective service is their number one frustration
- One in three shoppers will abandon a brand after a single negative experience
With an industry-wide shortfall of 800,000 associates, meeting these expectations is easier said than done. Customers are often kept waiting twice- once for an associate to reach them, then again for the associate to find the information they need.
This is especially problematic in the USA where the average retail space is considerably larger. Whether it’s walking to the stock room to find an item or visiting another department in search of information, these journeys can add several minutes to a customer’s waiting time. The best solution is to cut out walking altogether, and this is where we can help.
Quicker responses mean happier customers
You can’t always be by a customer’s side, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be there for them. Our Series 5 Pro headset bridges the gap between associates and customers, bringing the personal touch to even the largest stores:
- Our two-way talk button allows associates to have natural conversations from anywhere in store. If a customer wants to check stock levels, an associate can contact the stock room without having to walk there. If an associate can’t answer a question, they can ask for advice without keeping the customer waiting.
- Our conference feature lets you create separate channels for each store department. If a customer has a question about a specific product line, you can tune into the relevant conference and ask the most knowledgeable associate.
- The Series 5 Pro features the latest in noise-canceling technology. Its inbuilt algorithm is trained to screen out background noise for maximum clarity. This ensures that every message gets through on the first try, further reducing response times for customer queries.
- The S5 uses intelligent power management to maximize battery life. A single charge provides 12 hours of talk time, ensuring that you’re always ready to answer customer questions.
- Headsets can be linked to call points, allowing customers to speak to associates directly. Customers can press a call point to request help, and associates can respond immediately. This allows you to solve problems without having to walk to the customer’s location.
Our system saves 1.4km of unnecessary walking per shift. Rather than criss-crossing the store in search of information, associates can focus on providing the kind of personalized service that will keep customers coming back time after time. Talk to our team to arrange a demonstration.