VoCoVo is all about connection, so we’re in our element at trade shows. We love nothing more than meeting potential customers face to face and showing them what we’re capable of. We generated a lot of interest at NRF’s Big Show in New York, and now we’re ready to repeat this success closer to home.
From 26th February to 2nd March, we will be attending EuroShop in Dusseldorf. This is the world’s number one retail show, making it the perfect place to demonstrate our value to the European market. Here’s where you can find us and what to expect from the event.
The world comes to Dusseldorf
Despite its name, EuroShop is a truly global event. This year’s programme boasts 1800 exhibitors from over 50 countries, along with 500 specialised presentations covering everything from digital receipts to self-checkout security.
With so much to see, the organisers have made the wise decision to spread these events over seven themed stages. These include:
- The Retail Technology Stage- This stage focuses on recent developments in retail technology using current case studies. Topics include mobile payments, self-checkout and the latest trends in big data.
- The Connected Retail Stage- This stage looks at the relationship between physical and digital retail. Presentations will include tips on transitioning from multichannel to omnichannel shopping, and a look at how customer behaviour differs across these channels.
- The Store Design Stage- This area is dedicated to all things visual. Topics include store design, lighting and visual merchandising.
- The Retail Marketing Stage- This is the place to come for all the latest marketing tips. Attendees can watch presentations on POS marketing, multichannel marketing and more.
A difficult time for retail
The tone of EuroShop is always positive, but there’s no ignoring the fact that many stores are struggling at the moment. The invasion of Ukraine has triggered a cost of living crisis across Europe, forcing many customers to curb their spending. Both in the UK and in Germany, retailers are bracing themselves for a tough year:
- 29% of UK shoppers plan to reduce their spending in 2023.
- UK retail spending is expected to fall by a further 3% in the next 12 months.
- Germany is experiencing a similar decline, with year on year sales dropping by 7.2% in December 2022
- Supermarkets in both countries have seen a spike in shoplifting as food has become more expensive
To make matters worse, many stores are still short-staffed after the pandemic. In our recent survey, over 40% of colleagues in both countries said that labour shortages are the biggest challenge they face. Worse still, three quarters are being forced to juggle multiple roles, leading to widespread stress and anxiety.
We can’t do much about world events, but we can help in other ways. By improving communication, we can save stores money and ease the pressure on colleagues. We’ll be using EuroShop as an opportunity to demonstrate these benefits:
- Headsets allow colleagues to communicate from anywhere in store. You can check stock levels, find product information or call for assistance, all without leaving the customer’s side. This cuts daily walking by 1.4km per colleague, saving stores as much as £442 a week.
- Colleagues can use headsets to report shoplifting incidents discreetly, rather than making a noisy tannoy announcement. Headsets also act as a visible deterrent to criminals. Our research shows that colleagues feel 54% safer when working with VoCoVo.
- Headsets are hands-free, allowing colleagues to answer customer questions without stopping their work. This kind of multitasking can improve task efficiency by 105 minutes a day.