It’s that time of year again! 2023 is here and VoCoVo is crossing the pond to attend NRF’s Big Show. As always, this will be a chance to connect with some of retail’s leading lights, and to showcase our capabilities on an international stage. Here’s where you can find us, and what you can expect from this year’s event.
A breakthrough year for retail
Recent years have been some of the most difficult in retail history. With the pandemic still fresh in our minds, stores are now facing a new challenge in the form of rising living costs.
Despite this, the tone for NRF 2023 is one of optimism. This year’s event is all about facing these challenges head on. The focus is firmly on the road ahead, and the ways in which new technology can help stores to keep pace with changing customer needs.
The focus of NRF 2023 is “Break Through”. As the show’s organizers explain, this is about learning from the past and adapting to the future:
“The last few years have taught us a lot. Today we’re smarter, faster and more innovative than ever before. We’re no longer just getting through — now’s our time to break through.”
Something for everyone
The Big Show always offers a packed schedule, and this year is no exception. From 15th-17th January, the Javits Centre in downtown New York will host a bumper programme of talks and presentations from industry heavyweights including Whole Foods, Target and CVS.
These will fall under six themes, all of them tied into the idea of breaking through:
- Breakthrough Experiences– Using new technology such as VR and AR to create an unforgettable customer experience.
- Breakthrough Management– How technologies such as AI and Blockchain can be used to streamline operations and improve security
- Breakthrough Growth- The rise of livestream shopping, and the benefits and dangers of social media branding
- Breakthrough Talent- Retaining employees and improving communication in the age of remote and flexible working
- Breakthrough models- Rethinking the direction of your business in a world of blockchain, cryptocurrency and the content to commerce sales model
- Purpose that breaks through- Online fandom, internet activism and the pros and cons of standing up for a cause
VoCoVo is ready for the future
As well as these headline presentations, NRF 2023 will also play host to over 800 exhibitors. We will be among them, showing the ways in which our system can play an important role in the next phase of retail:
- Unlimited smart integrations allow colleagues to receive notifications from dozens of smart devices
- Headsets can be used to train new colleagues, speeding up onboarding and improving retention
- Estate-wide message casting helps to create a unified customer experience across multiple stores
You can find us at booth 1502 for the duration of the event. We’re always keen to meet new people, so come over and say hello!
If you can’t make it to New York, we’d be happy to arrange a private demonstration closer to home. Give us a call to find out more.